Ashtanga Yoga Apprenticeship ProgramME
with KPJAYI level 2 teacher Nea Ferrier
PRACTICE & PHILOSOPHY APPRECIATION PROGRAMME
WITH KPJAYI LEVEL 2 AUTHORISED TEACHER NEA FERRIER
March – December 2023
A nine -month program to develop yoga teaching skills.
Teaching Skills Clinics;
- Methodology for teaching progressively
- Teaching one-on-one
- Teaching guided classes
- The power of words
- The power of touch
- Modifications and use of props
- Teaching ethics and professionalism
- Observing one Mysore class per week (March- April)
- Assisting in Mysore class twice per week (one hour each) (May – December, July/Aug excluded)
- Teaching approx. 5 guided classes for beginners (community classes)
- From June onwards students will be encourage to find a private student and start teaching. Nea will provide mentorship in the form of monthly one-on-one catch ups during this period.
- Three years of consistent daily Ashtanga Yoga practice
- Participation in the previous Ashtanga Yoga Appreciation Programmes
- Maintaining a five-day-a-week practice in the shala
PRACTICE & PHILOSOPHY
SEPTEMBER 2022 – FEBRUARY 2023
Saturdays once per month (second Saturday of the month)
One theory lecture
One practical asana workshop (primary series) per month
Open to students of all levels. Beginners included. The only requirement is maintaining a regular practice of a minimum of four times per week (3 mysore classes, 1 led class) for the duration of the programme.
Note: this programme is required for any students wanting to apply for the Ashtanga ApprenticeshIp (assistant teaching) programme which will start in March 2023. However participation in this programme does not guarantee a place in the apprenticeship programme.
Theory lecture topics
- History of Yoga
- History and Methodology of Ashtanga Yoga
- Intro to Yoga Sutras
- Intro to Bhagavad Gita
- Opening & closing mantras
- Ayurveda for Ashtangis
- Building a practice for the long term
Practical Workshop Topics
These workshops will focus on thoroughly learning the asanas of the primary series including Sanskrit asana names, vinyasa count, alignment and modifications
- Breath, bandhas & Surya Namaskar
- Foundation Postures
- Standing Postures
- Seated Postures to navasana
- Seated postures onwards
- Urdhva dhanurasana and closing sequence
AED1950 FOR EARLY BIRD TIL JUNE 30
*Shala fee is additional. Students enrolling in this program by June 30 may avail a 15% discount off the 3 or 6 month pass.
After this date, the passes for students in this program will be AED2500 for 3 months and AED4500 for six month.
For inquiries or registration please email email@example.com